Metamorphosis Performing Arts Studio
Upstairs in the Old Boise Music Studios
Physical address: 511 Main St.
Mailing address: PO Box 8711 Boise, ID 83707
Metamorphosis Performing Arts Studio was founded in 2010 as a way for me to combine my fields of expertise; acting, music, and interpersonal development. As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 15 years of therapeutic experience, I know the social/emotional benefits of engaging in the performing arts. Besides the creative and fun outlet of the arts, when we pursue an artistic craft we gain self esteem, learn problem solving skills, increase our ability to manage stress, and deepen our emotional insight. And research has shown that studying the arts improves brain functioning in many ways. So, I use my skills as a social worker, actor and musician to provide instruction and create programs and where people can discover their strengths, push through their fears and celebrate creative expression.
Contact: email@example.com (208) 697-4703
About Leta Neustaedter:
14 years of classical vocal training, current member of the Boise Philharmonic Master Chorale
10 years of classical piano training
29 plays & musicals
37 TV commercials & training videos
21 independent films
9 Radio commercials
Directed 30 children's music theater camps & 18 Make-A-Movie camps
Wrote/directed/edited/produced 32 episodes of the TV show Chill Skillz.
LCSW Clinical Social Work:
15 years post-graduate experience as a therapist working with children and families.
Bodhi is an American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen Program graduate! He enjoys butt-scratches, belly rubs, squeaky toys, wet-puppy rub downs, chasing his tail, and running in the foothills.
He is currently pursuing certification to become a therapy dog.
Leta singing the National Anthem
for the 2013
About Metamorphosis Performing Arts Studio:
Recent Awards, Accolades and Opportunities:
- Me and several of my vocal students recently appeared in a PSA for Idaho Public Television which will be aired throughout 2015.
- I was commission by the Idaho Peace Coalition to create a meditation teaching video for kids, to promote inner peace and mindfulness. The video was distributed to teachers throughout the Boise School District to use in their classrooms, and is available on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27v2Kkt1GAg
- I wrote, directed, and edited a PSA for the Boise Public Library that will air on Cable One and be distributed on social media and Youtube.
- I created a theater-writing program for incarcerated youth at the Department of Juvenile Corrections. The program is called Intermission Story Workshop and it begins in October 2014.
- I was awarded a Scholarship Grant through the Boise Charm School crowd-sourcing event "Feast V" for my Intermission Story Workshop program.
- I was selected to represent Idaho at the 2014 Western States Arts Federation (WESTAF) Emerging Leaders of Color Professional Development Program in Denver Colorado. This conference will connect me with other extraordinary arts educators and leaders from across the region and give me skills and resources to create sustainable, inspiring programs.
- I was selected to attend the Idaho Commission of the Arts "Change Leader Institute," an intensive professional development program for arts educators.
Leta performing as a soloist for the Boise Philharmonic Master Chorale!