Metamorphosis Performing Arts Studio
Upstairs in the Old Boise Music Studios
Physical address: 511 Main St.
Mailing address: PO Box 8711 Boise, ID 83707
Metamorphosis Performing Arts Studio was founded in 2010 as a way for me to combine my fields of expertise; acting, music, and interpersonal development. As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 15 years of therapeutic experience, I know the social/emotional benefits of engaging in the performing arts. Besides the creative and fun outlet of the arts, when we pursue an artistic craft we gain self esteem, learn problem solving skills, increase our ability to manage stress, and deepen our emotional insight. And research has shown that studying the arts improves brain functioning in many ways. So, I use my skills as a social worker, actor and musician to provide instruction and create programs and where people can discover their strengths, push through their fears and celebrate creative expression.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (208) 697-4703
About Leta: (she/her)
Leta has been performing in the Treasure Valley for 30 years as a musician and actor, and she runs a private practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. She views all arts as a way to access the mind-body-spirit connection and transform ourselves.
Leta singing the National Anthem
for the 2013
About Metamorphosis Performing Arts Studio:
Recent Awards, Accolades and Opportunities:
- I received a Covid Commission Arts grant to complete an arts project reflecting the community impacts of covid.
- I was accepted into Opera Idaho as a Resident Member.
- I was commission by the Idaho Peace Coalition to create a meditation teaching video for kids, to promote inner peace and mindfulness. The video was distributed to teachers throughout the Boise School District to use in their classrooms, and is available on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27v2Kkt1GAg
- I wrote, directed, and edited a PSA for the Boise Public Library that will air on Cable One and be distributed on social media and Youtube.
- I created a theater-writing program for incarcerated youth at the Department of Juvenile Corrections. The program is called Intermission Story Workshop and it begins in October 2014.
- I was awarded a Scholarship Grant through the Boise Charm School crowd-sourcing event "Feast V" for my Intermission Story Workshop program.
- I was selected to represent Idaho at the 2014 Western States Arts Federation (WESTAF) Emerging Leaders of Color Professional Development Program in Denver Colorado. This conference will connect me with other extraordinary arts educators and leaders from across the region and give me skills and resources to create sustainable, inspiring programs.
- I was selected to attend the Idaho Commission of the Arts "Change Leader Institute," an intensive professional development program for arts educators.
Leta performing as a soloist for the Boise Philharmonic Master Chorale!
Annabelle is a lovebug, but she was mistreated by humans in her past, so she can be timid.
When she is outside her playfulness comes out and she can often be found zooming through the foothills.